The task of picking the cutest names for female cats can be a fun-filled yet overwhelming process to find out from the endless options that are available. At times you immediately strike it lucky, but often it takes the time to find the right one. Whether you want to name it according to its character or its shelter, there are numerous interesting names to pick from cute girl cat names.How To Choose A Name For Your Female Cat?
1. Follow The Tradition
One of the most popular methods is to choose girl cat names from your beloved childhood friend or a family pet who is no more. That way, you can keep the memory of your loving pal or pet alive. Also, many prefer to combine the tag of ‘junior’ to the already existing name of a pet in the family for convenience.
2. Popularity Contest
Female cat names are mostly baby names. If you search for the girl cat names, you will come across many baby names. Therefore, it seems that cute quotient of cats compels the name keepers to keep baby names among the most popular choices. However, it, of course, depends on the country you reside in and the language you speak.
3. Think Unique
If you want to choose unique names for female cats, then you must think something unusual and cute. If you are unable to find one and having a tough time, then engage your family and friends to take part in the naming ceremony.
To spice up the matter, you can hold a contest where the best name would win a reward.
4. Match It With Their Personality
An interesting way to select girl cat names is to go by its personality and mood. Name your kitty going by their funny, adventurous, solitary or kind nature.
5. Scientifically Speaking
According to scientific analysis and observation, it has been found out that cats are more responsive to human voices compared to other sounds. They respond best to the high-pitched vocal sounds of people with a “meow” which is not a coincidence. They also prefer a woman’s voice more than a man’s voice. Another interesting fact to note is that they respond to the names that end with a vowel ‘e’ sound.
Also Read: Best & Cute Boy Cat Names And Their Meanings
6. Casper, Smoky, And Patches
Sometimes you can just decide names for female cats simply by looking at them. If your kitty happens to be a Bombay or Burmese mix or is a Russian Red, it’s nice dark furs or the stunning color would inspire to crack a name instantly. From tuxedoes to calicos, a kitty’s bright outlook can be a source of genuine inspiration.
7. Take Note Of The Heritage
Besides the hues and stripes of the fur, you may also seek help from the legacy of a cat. To decide the name of a Havana Brown or an Egyptian Mau, you may conjure different images to your mind and invent some unique names. Also, cats from rich cultures like Japanese Bobtails or Munchkins have to be named appropriately to do justice to their culture and heritage.
A-Z Best & Cute Girl Cat Names
Though there are a lot of cat names, the ones that are listed below are the cutest. For every pet owner, their pet cat is unique and therefore, each deserves a unique name. Given below are some fantastic tips so as to help you pick the right one for the newest member of your home.
- It has been observed that cats respond to the names that end with long vowel sounds of E, like “ee.”
- They quickly respond to the short names than the long ones.
- Think that you are naming your baby and that way you may come out with a lovely name. Call out the name in your imagination, and it may help you decide quickly.
- Consider matching the name with the type of breed you have. Also keep in mind the personality, color, traits, etc. to come out with the best result.
Names For Female Cats – A, B, and C
- Abba, Acura, Adele, Alice, Amanda, Alley, Ally, Amaretto, Ambrosia, Amaya, Amber, Amore, Amorette, Anna, Anastasia, Angel, Annie, Athena, Apricot, Aria, Audrey, Autumn, Apple
- Baby, Barley, Barbie, Barney, Beatrice, Bella, Beauty, Bebe, Bianca, Bliss, Bijou, Blanco, Bonita, Boo Boo, Buttons, Butterscotch
- Candy, Celia, Callie, Carissa, Chantilly, Cashew, Charlotte, Chelsea, Cheri, Cheerio, Cheesecake, Chic, Chloe, Chiclet, China, Cilla, Claret, Cinders, Cinnamon, Coco, Claudia, Cleopatra, Cookie, Cuddles, Cutie, Curly, Cupcake
Names For Female Cats – D, E, and F
- Dandelion, Dixie, Darlene, Desiree, Duchess, Dolly
- Elle, Eden, Ella, Ellie, Elvira, Elsa, Emma, Enya, Evita, Emmy
- Furby, Furball, Furlicity
Names For Female Cats – G, H, and I
- Gemma, Gidget, Genevere, Georgie, Ginger, Goldie, Girlfriend, Godiva, Gracie.
- Hazel, Holly, Hilary, Hissy, Honey, Heidi
- Ida, Isis, Ima, Isabella, Ivory
Names For Female Cats– J, K, and L
- Jacqueline, Jana, Jane, Jada, Jade, Jasmine, Jeannie, Jezebel, Jeanette, Jelly Baby, Jerri, Jeners, Jewel, Jersey, Jessie, June Bug, Jilly, Julie
- Kashmire, Kiwi, Kit Kat, Kricket, Kokomo
- LadyLuv, Lavender, Ladybug, Leah, Layla, Leeza, Lillian, Lil One, Lindy, Little Bit, Lisa Catrow, Lizzie, Lois Lane, Lofty Softy, Lovebug, Lollypop, Lucille, Lucy
Names for Female Cats– M, N, and O
- Magdalina, Margo, Maggi, Majesty, Marshmellow, Mimsy, Meesha, Milly, Minipuss, Minsky, Miranda, Missy
- Nadia, Nayla, Naomi, Natasha, Neela, Noodle Bug, Nikky, Noni, Nugget, Norma Jean, Nutmeg
- Orphan Annie, Orange Blossom
Names For Female Cats– P, Q and R
- Peaches, Peepers, Peapod, Pearl, Penny, Pookie, Poppins, Peppa, Polly
- Queenie, Quirp, Quentina
- Radiance, Rainbow Dancer, Rag Muffin, Reba, Ribbon, Renee, Rhinestone Rossini, Rizzo, Rosemary, Roxanne, Roxy, Ryanne, Ruffles, Ruthie
Names For Female Cats– S, T, and U
- Snow, Sami, Sahara, Sally, Sandie, Sassa Cat, Sapphire, Sarafina, Savannah, Short Cake, Sephora, Sidney, Sierra, Silly, Silvie, Slippers, Sissy, Skyler, Sophia, Spunky Girl, Spazzy.
- Taffy, Tibby, Talia, Tessa, Tiger Lily, Tiddly Wink, Toffee, Tracy, Tori Bell, Tricky, Tinkerbell, Triscuit, Tulip, Trudi, Truffle, Tweetie Pie
- Ursala, Uma, Ultimate Kitty
Names For Female Cats– V, W and X
- Valentine, Velvet Kitty, Vanna Paws, Vivica, Vera, Vicky.
- Whoopie, Waffles, Wendy, Walnut, Wanda, Whickers, Warrior Princess.
- Xena, Xany, Xana.
Names For Female Cats– Y and Z
- Yemma, Yuki, Yolanda, Yawney, Yummy, Your Highness.
- Zadora, Zia, Zeldabar, Zoe, Zula, Zola.
These female names for the cats would help the owner to decide the best one for his loving pet.